NEXT MEETING - March 1st via Zoom
If you have a funding request, fill out the attached REQUEST FORM. You must include 2 estimates/bids/quotes of the item being requested. Requests are due the Monday before the Booster Club meetings and a principal’s signature is required before submitting your request. Requests will be reviewed at the monthly meetings. In some instances, the activity director or a representative will need to be present after the meeting to clarify any questions the Booster Club may have. Include as much information as possible as to why the request is being made and any history that may help us understand your request. Approvals will be communicated as soon as possible.
Funding will be considered for any group that is recognized by WHS or has entered into an agreement with the Sioux Falls School District. It is also mandatory for each activity/sport to identify at least one Booster Club representative (we would like to see a freshman/sophomore rep. along with a junior/senior rep. for each activity/sport). Each activity/sport must have representation at seven of the ten Booster Club meetings (approximately 70% attendance).
WHS BOOSTER CLUB WILL CONSIDER REQUESTS FOR SUPPORT OF:
1. Expenses for certificates or awards to include: trophies, shirts, plaques, ribbons, etc.
2. Entry or league fees for student teams of school-recognized activities.
3. Additional, maintenance or replacement of equipment needed for training or for practicing of activities, contingent upon available storage at WHS.
4. Requests for items to be used within the bounds of the WHS campus, whether permanent or portable. All such items will remain the property of WHS and will be used by as many activities as possible.
5. Banners, flags, and showcases of those types which directly promote WHS or those which list conference members.
6. Equipment storage devices, such as: ball cages, ball carts, volleyball net storage units.
7. Uniforms not on the school district's equity uniform schedule. Such uniforms must remain the property of WHS and must be in accordance with school colors and logos or in conjunction with a show performance. Must have WHS Office approval before ordering.
WHS BOOSTER CLUB WILL NOT CONSIDER REQUESTS FOR SUPPORT OF:
1. Travel expenses, including meals, lodging, or transportation. (considered non-tangible)
2. Uniforms that become the property of the individual participant or uniform rental, (Examples: personalized shirts, knee pads, team tennis shoes, tuxedo or formal rental)
3. Requests for funds of meals of any kind, including travel, activity banquets, award meals, etc. 1st exception: Faculty parties will be considered to help promote goodwill and to thank the faculty for their cooperation throughout the school year. 2nd exception: The Assistant principal of Activities may receive funding for the purpose of hospitality or for the recognition of accomplishments. 3rd exception: Freshman Orientation.
4. Musical instruments.
5. Vehicles for travel.
6. Individual or team camps for players and/or coaches.
7. Coaches salaries and choreographer fees.